Sunday, October 21, 2012

Moving to days

Today I made the transition to dayshift. Normally I work graveyard, mainly because I'm not a morning person. My body clock is and has always been between 8 and 12 hours shifted from what most people call 'normal'. I slept fine last night, and got plenty of sleep, but was tired when I awoke and am still tired right now - a good 4 hours after initially waking up. At least today is sunday and I don't have to worry about dealing with people too much. Tomorrow will be worse - the lights will be on and I'll have people around me, making noise and talking and whatnot. Because of that I can't drown them out with music, at least not unless I put in some earphones. It's just a pain all the way around.

The only real saving grace is that the family is also on normal time, so I'll get to spend more time with them as well. At least I'm thinking that will be a good thing...hope it just doesn't mean more fights. I guess we'll see, won't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment