Thursday, January 6, 2011

No soap!

I remember reading about this guy who decided stop using soap back in February 2010.  Well not ALL soaps, but mainly shampoos and other body-lathering substances whilst showering.  It intrigued me.  Then he updated about his experiences about a year later, and now I think I'm gonna try it.

I took my first soapless shower this morning.  I used a washcloth to scrub my dirty parts, and only used some shaving gel as lubricant to shave my face and head (I recently shaved off all of my hair because I was in a mood).  To be perfectly clear - I'm not against soap in general.  It's good for cleaning dirty hands, and lets face it, you don't want to be handling food with hands that have been stuffed who-knows-where into who-knows-what.  I DO have a problem with those so-called antibacterial soaps, that kill '99.9%' of germs.

Bacteria multiply exponentially, people.  It does not take that long for something to be completely coated in germs.  But I'd rather put a germ that my own immune system can kill into my system than one that has made it past that 0.1%.

But I digress.  Trying this out.  We'll see how things go after a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment